The CYO sports program includes students in the school as well as those in the parish who are enrolled and attending the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine “CCD” religious education program.
Students have the opportunity to learn sport skills coupled with good sportsmanship and Christ-like values.
All coaches are volunteers that must have background checks, annual training in the “CAPP” (Child and Adolescent Protection Program), and concussion training.
Vikings CYO Program Coordinator
Parent participation is a critical element of the program.
- All fees need to be paid prior to the first game of the season.
- The proper clothing and gear facilitates a “team” atmosphere and safety.
- Students need to be at practice and games on time and picked up at the scheduled conclusion of the practice or game. Siblings and friends are not to be left, unattended by an adult, at practices. Coaches cannot watch other students and coach at the same time.
- Concessions during the basketball season provide the fees we need to purchase equipment and run the program. All parents of students playing basketball should volunteer to serve in the concession area at a scheduled time.
- Parents, family, and friends are encouraged to support the team by attending games and cheering the team. Good sportsmanship is critical, and provides an appropriate role model for our youth.